This weekend I picked up a special addition to my Australian-themed book character parade costume made by a special friend starting up a new business. You can find her shop here and you might be able to guess which of her recent creations is mine!
In my previous post I highlighted our theme for this year - all students are asked to dress up as an Australian Book character or a famous Australian. Now is the time to start thinking about who you would like to come as. Personally, I prefer costumes that are made from existing bits and pieces from home. Of course, there is always lots of fairies, princesses and superheroes but every year I am also surprised by the imaginative and innovative costumes that students and their parents create.
If you are still struggling for ideas, check out these...
- Edwina the emu - ballet shoes and a tutu
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid - jeans, t-shirt and large cartoon head on cardboard
- Tashi - red top, black pants, black pointy hat
- It's a Miroocool/Audrey of the Outback - denim overalls, white t-shirt, broad brimmed hat
- Mr Chicken - yellow feather boa and beak made from cardboard
Or...these famous Australians:
- Ned Kelly - black cardboard cylinder with slit for eyes
- Hugh Jackman - as Wolverine (no real knives, please!)
- Cathy Freeman - running pants and top
- Leyton Hewitt - shorts, top and backwards hat
Whatever you choose I know that it's going to be lots of fun.
And don't forget, we have loads of other activities during Book Week. Check out our schedule below: